Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sign Me Up!












The excitement is building in Cincinnati once again. We're getting closer and closer to the 11th Annual Flying Pig Marathon weekend. Circle the dates: May 1-3, 2009.

I just received the January issue of The Squeal by e-mail, and I'm interested to learn that The Flying Pig Marathon is still my best marathon value. It's true. Thanks to the prestigious list of Flying Pig Marathon sponsors, I can do the full marathon experience for only $60. That includes the great runner's gear bag and what is described as the "coolest" winner's medal. Ever. If I'm watching my running dollars, then this event will be a great place to invest in my sport.

"Not a runner? Not a problem - volunteer instead!"

Well, that's certainly a relief. They wear pink tutus, pink pig ears, and hand out water to the running pigs, among other things. I could do that.

But, I don't run marathons and I don't live within driving distance of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Well, I can show my commitment by purchasing the 2009 "Pig in Training" shirt. Post holiday pig-out, that could work. I don't really have anything reserved in my budget for a cute pink shirt with a witty slogan, even if it's pig-related. So, it's also enticing to learn that the "Pigged Out" section (the clearance part of the online store) has too many items to list at 50% off. I bet.

But, don't forget that all my purchases would support the Flying Pig charities.

Wow! It's a really long and impressive list. They have contributed more than $7.2 million over their previous ten years.

That's a lot of running pigs. Flying pigs. Or, volunteering pigs.

Seriously.

www.flyingpigmarathon.com

No comments: