Saturday, February 7, 2009

Know Your Pig


























"Better beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear."

Aesop


In the spirit of all things stimulating, I'm delighted to learn that inventive pork lovers can make bacon sandwiches without those pesky gaps and breaks. If you don't already know about it, you've come to the right Piggy blog. I guess this thingy was invented more than a year ago. But, I was in my NBZ - No Bacon Zone - and missed it altogether.

As Martha would say, that was probably a Good Thing. But, now that I know about it, I cannot resist the urge to chronicle its incredibleness on When Pigs Fly.

Yes folks, I'm here to be certain you know everything you need to know about Bacon Weave. BACON WEAVE! A.k.a. Bacon Placemat.

Yes, you read that right. Let's face it, anything in strips can be woven into stuff. Placemats, baskets, throw rugs. Sandwich filling. I don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home, but I'm recommending you limit your weaving to sandwich filling.

If you love bacon....Or, you're hoping to die a bacon-related death.....and you're still reading this note....your life is about to change forever. Or, for as long as you live. However long that might be. And, probably, not for the better.

Step 1:

Weave bacon on a sheet of aluminum foil

Step 2:

Bake in an oven, somewhere between 350 and 400 degrees F. until done.

It seems like you would want to put the bacon on the foil into an bake-proof skillet to ensure you don't have dripping bacon grease all over your oven. Or, a nasty house fire.

Step 3:

What you do with your bacon weave at this point is your business.

Step 4:

Call cardiologist, if desired.

No comments: